Friday 16 May 2014

Montreal Visit

This week I traveled to Montreal for 1 evening. I was there to pick up my art work from a month long gallery show in the plateau region. This gallery is also a restaurant which features Hungarian Cuisine. They play some Gypsy music on Sunday evenings. This gallery is called Fokus Gallerie. It is on Duluth Avenue just off of St Laurent. St Laurent is a wonderful street to spend time on. There are many interesting shops and various places to get a coffee. 

The plateua is not very far from where I was staying. I arrived at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I came by bus. The tickets I purchased through Megabus. The tickets came to $33 round trip. This trip takes 5 hours from Toronto.  

I checked in to a hostel which I had never stayed at before that night. This hostel was the HI - Montreal Backpackers Hostel. It was more expensive than I had thought. I had signed up at Hostelbookers website. This website is the one I most frequently use to determine lodgings for my travels. This hostel is one of a whole franchise. The price listed on the website was for those who have an HI membership. I didn't and it cost about $30 to stay for one evening. This included a complimentary breakfast of bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee, and orange juice. Hostebookers website is connected to a rewards program. I collect points to redeem for gift cards. There is a site called Mypoints where you are rewarded for shopping online.  Hostelbookers is one of the websites where you can collect points.

In Montreal there are many things to do. This trip was very short. I didn't get an opportunity to do very much. I merely visited the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. I really like this art museum. I went early in the day. It was a Wednesday morning. I had to wait for the museum to open. I took some photographs of the art work outside the museum. There are various sculptures which you can see outside.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment